The purpose of the Charlotte M. Yonge Fellowship is to:
- Provide a forum for all those who enjoy and admire the work of Charlotte M. Yonge.
- Offer opportunities of learning more about her life, writings and influence.
- Publish and encourage publication of her works and topics relating to them.
- Confirm her reputation as a significant writer of the Victorian era.
In order to achieve this we need to collect and store a limited amount of personal data for members and guests of the Fellowship.
What information do we collect?
- Names and addresses of all members, date of joining CMYF.
- Telephone numbers and organisational affiliations of members when these have been provided.
- Email addresses of members and guest where they have been provided to us, for email updates and information about Bookclub and other meetings.
- Dates and amounts of payments.
- Name, address and email provided for payments via Paypal.
- Bank account information (where members have authorised payment by standing order).
What we do with your data
- Names and addresses are used to produce labels to enable us to post the CMYF Review, Journal, updates and notices of meetings.
- Email updates are provided to members and guests who have opted in to the general mailing list. This is run under Mailchimp and includes an option to unsubscribe.
- Names and addresses may also be used occasionally to post information about special activities or membership subscription reminders.
- Provide information or publications to non-members on request, using whatever contact details are provided to us.
Protecting your data
The Data Controller collecting the information is the CMYF’s Membership Secretary. This information may be made available to other Committee members as appropriate.
All reasonable steps are taken to maintain security and protect against unauthorized access, loss, manipulation, falsification or unauthorized disclosure.
Your rights over the data are to request access to a copy of your data in electronic form and to have the data corrected if inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right of erasure (aka the right to be forgotten), permitting you to request the deletion of your data; the CMYF will understand that by requesting this you are also resigning CMYF membership. Please email us at yonge.fellowship (at) gmail.com.